At the Lister Institute we are committed to protecting your personal information and privacy. We do, however, need to collect and use your personal information for legitimate purposes to help ensure that the Institute operates efficiently and effectively.
The Lister Institute will use information provided on the grant proposal for processing, and for the payment, maintenance and review of the grant.
This may include
- Registration of proposals.
- Operation of grants processing and management information systems.
- Preparation of material for use by referees and peer review panels.
- Administration, investigation and review of grant proposals.
- Sharing of proposal information on a strictly confidential basis with other funding organisations to seek contributions to the funding proposals.
- Statistical analysis in relation to the evaluation of research, applicants and the study of trends.
If your application progresses to the long-listing stage of our review process it will be sent out to external peer reviewers who must agree to keep it confidential. Nevertheless, if you wish to present ideas or unpublished data that have the potential to lead to intellectual property, it may be prudent to alert your technology transfer office before submitting the proposal.
When reviewing applications, it is important that reviewers avoid keeping confidential Lister Institute data on their local IT system, computer, or mobile device for longer than necessary to carry out the review and securely delete any data when the review has been completed. As the application is securely stored on Benefactor you should not need to download it onto your computer. In the event of a data loss, please report the incident to The Lister Institute as soon as possible by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org